The District has to rethink how school space is used, particularly in areas where there is empty space or overcrowding. Here’s what you should know:
– most areas will be reviewed over the next five years
– the Board of Trustees will be discussing this issue at a meeting on May 17th
– our school is one of the schools in the Western Area Review which would begin in September 2016
– the review involves 26 elementary and secondary schools, essentially all schools which feed into Bell, Merivale, Sir Robert Borden or Woodroffe high schools
– parents and guardians will play an important role in the review process, providing feedback on the recommendations for change
– as decisions are made, more information will be provided to you and school council will be invited to appoint a representative to sit on an advisory group
– regular updates will be provided to parents and students about how to participate in the decision-making process.
Please remember that at this stage, no decisions have been made, but I did want you to be aware of the issue. Thank you for your ongoing support.
Century Public School
613 224 4903
613 224 1089 fax
Follow us on Twitter: @CenturyPS
Visit us at: http://centurypublicschool.ca/
“Educating for success – Inspiring learning and building citizenship”